We enjoy educating others by thinking dynamically
The Core Values
- We are defined by a relentless pursuit of success and refuse to accept mediocrity.
- We are constantly looking to improve and push the boundaries of both our designs and our abilities.
- We know that good work comes from those who never stop learning.
- We are transparent, sharing information and feedback freely, always looking for the best solution.
- We aim to streamline processes and simplify what has been over complicated for too long.
- We strive to make an impact on people, buildings, and the environment based on the technology we are using.
- We challenge our thinking in pursuit of new solutions.
- We take calculated risks, we innovate, we experiment and simplify.
- We aim to do everything with integrity, honesty and a strong moral compass.
- We always hold ourselves accountable and remain helpful throughout the process.
- We will consider everything and encourage responsible risk-taking to find the right solution.
- We give back both internally and externally, supporting employees and causes important to employees and the neighborhoods we serve.
- We know that life is more than work and we work hard so that we can play hard.
- We have an open, transparent culture where everyone leaves their ego behind and rolls up their sleeves to work together.
- We know that people thrive in an environment where their ideas are valued.
- We have fun along the way.
We are committed to being helpful, to have productive partnerships with our clients. We happily serve not only as engineers–but as a go-to resource for architects, construction teams, and property owners. If you’re looking for MEPT services that make life easier–we can help.
Resiliency is at the core of all our values. We take pride in what we do, we commit and we deliver. We take calculated risks and strategically push boundaries. We value communication and we always hold ourselves accountable.
We are results-focused and responsive, dynamic and charismatic, fun and diverse. Our focus is fierce but we are not all hard work, when we are not at the office you’ll find us balancing out work with life by biking, fishing, running, walking dogs, and hanging out with our families.
- Competitive base salary and performance based bonuses.
- Retirement plan with employer match and immediate vesting.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Health insurance with generous cost sharing; company pays 75% of the monthly premium.
- 100% company paid dental, vision, life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance.
- Wellness initiatives including annual flu shots.
- Ergonomic sit-stand desks.
- Company supported professional development and certifications.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Totally encouraged and fully paid professional development and certification opportunities.
- Unlimited supply of coffee, tea, candy, ice cream, and healthy snacks.
- Casual, flexible and enjoyable environment with a team of integrity, passion and a sense of humor.
- Golfing, zip-lines, barbecues, giant jenga, board games, nerf guns and other miscellaneous fun.
- Organized company-wide volunteer days and charitable initiatives.
- Impromptu paid breakfasts and/or lunches.
- Chili cook-offs with coveted trophies.
Diversity and Inclusion Pledge
KBSO highly values diversity and inclusion. We strive to have a work environment in which all people feel they are equally respected and valued through any aspect that makes someone unique. We aim to unleash the potential in every person and know that people perform best when they feel they belong. It’s the contributions of all employees that drive our success and to that end, we are committed to providing an environment free of discrimination for everyone.